Keep Your Website Safe & Rank Better on Google
SSL certificates are digital certificates that encrypt data transferred between a user’s computer and an online server. This ensures that information, such as credit card numbers, remains secure.
Why Do I Need an SSL Certificate?
Help with SEO
SSL Certificates improve search engine optimization in a few different ways. First, they boost users’ trust in a site, motivating them to continue browsing or buying from it. Second, they help your site rank higher on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). Finally, they help safeguard your site from malicious behaviour, which is important for users and search engines.
Cheapest SSL Certificates
£0.48/mo when you renew
- Type: Domain Validated
- Warranty – $10,000
- 1 Domain Secured
- 0 Subdomains Covered
- Paperwork – No
- Issuance time – 3 min
- Mobile Support – Yes
- Refund Policy – 15 days
- Greenbar – No
- Padlock Sign – Yes
- Issuance / Servers – Unlimited
£0.48/mo when you renew
- For a fast website security solution, the Comodo Positive SSL certificate is the answer for you. This domain validated (DV) certificate offers industry standard encryption at an unbelievable price. Plus, this certificate comes backed by the Comodo brand, one of the most trusted names in internet security. As a basic SSL certificate, the Comodo Positive SSL is an excellent solution for internal domains and other domain names where you need fast and simple security without having to worry about injecting much trust into the site. View Full Product Details
£0.73/mo when you renew
- A standard, yet popular Domain Validated (DV) certificate due to its low cost and rapid issuance process. With 99% of browser recognition and its encryption strength of 256-bit, it’s an ideal solution for protecting a single, entry-level site. View Full Product Details
FreeSSL (30-Day Trial)
No renewal fee.
- This trial certificate protects one website for thirty days. After the thirty days is up, you can upgrade to a paid SSL certificate.
RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate
£7.98/mo when you renew
- This is a very popular wildcard certificate, as it offers full 256-bit encryption for one main domain and an unlimited amount of associated subdomains. Plus, being a Domain Validated (DV) certificate, it can be issued in a matter of minutes. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium
£3.85/mo when you renew
- The most convenient and cost effective solution that covers one fully qualified domain name (www or non www). These certificates are domain validated and can be issued within minutes. This certificate offers a dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard
£13.56/mo when you renew
- This is GeoTrust’s Domain Validated (DV) Wildcard option, which means it can be issued in just a few minutes. And since it’s a Wildcard solution – you can cover one domain and an unlimited number of subdomains. The GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium also comes with a clickable site seal, which will display time-stamped data to further add trust to a site, in addition to activating HTTPS and the padlock icon in a browser bar. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust True BusinessID
£4.77/mo when you renew
- This certificate delivers 99% browser and server recognition while securing transactions on your website. This budget-friendly organization validated certificate is great for small- to medium-sized businesses interested in going beyond standard encryption and beefing up their customer trust. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust True BusinessID Multi-Domain
£13.57/mo when you renew
- This certificate comes with five total domains and customers have the ability to add additional domains in packs of five up to 100 domains. Also ideal for shared hosting environment, this Unified Communications Certificate offers full business validation, SAN support, a dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV
£11.18/mo when you renew
- This certificate comes with the highest level of security and authentication. With this EV certificate, you will get the most trusted symbol on the internet the green address bar, along with a dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust True BusinessID w/ EV Multi-Domain
£22.83/mo when you renew
- This EV certificate comes bundled with five total SANs, and you have the option to purchase more SANs, in packs of five, up to 25. Users are quickly learning to associate the green address bar with reputable companies that are safe to do business with. This certificate not only gives you the green address bar, bust also a dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust True BusinessID Wildcard
£24.02/mo when you renew
- This certificate allows you to secure multiple fully qualified domains that share the same base domain name that is housed on the same server. This certificate is compatible with more than 99% of browsers and offers top-level encryption that’s ideally suited for more robust SMB ecommerce sites. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium SAN
£7.24/mo when you renew
- This certificate is both economical and efficient, it also allows you to secure four additional single-level subdomains (mail.domain.com, login.domain.com). This domain validated certificate can be issued within minutes and comes with the dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site
£20.72/mo when you renew
- Provide peace of mind to your visitors by showcasing the Norton Secured seal, backed by the world-renowned Symantec brand. This Organization Validated (OV) certificate provides 256-bit encryption, Norton daily malware scanning, SAN support (up to 25 additional domains), and 99.9% browser recognition. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site Pro
£48.03/mo when you renew
- Secure your site with the Norton Secured Seal, backed by the world renown Symantec brand. This top-of-the-line Organization Validated (OV) certificate provides peace of mind by securing your site with 256-bit encryption, along with daily malware and vulnerability scans, plus compatibility for 99.9% of browsers. You can also take advantage of ECC encryption, the lightest and fastest encryption technology in the industry. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site Pro Wildcard
£344.5/mo when you renew
- The Symantec Secure Site Pro Wildcard is the most premium wildcard solution available in the industry today. This certificate will cover one domain name (www.domain.com) along with an unlimited amount of subdomains (etc.domain.com, xyz.domain.com, symantecrules.domain.com). Aside from HTTPS, the padlock icon, full 128- to 256-bit encryption – what really sets this certificate apart from the others are two main features the Norton Secured Seal and ECC encryption. The Norton Secure Seal is the most recognized and trusted symbol on the web and ECC is the lightest and strongest encryption technology currently available on the market. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site with EV
£50.88/mo when you renew
- This certificate is a true investment in the security, trust, and overall appeal of your website. You will get tremendous value for your dollar and increase customer conversions with the Norton Secure Seal, green address bar, and additional features like daily malware scanning, vulnerability assessments, and Symantec’s Seal-in-Search technology. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site Pro with EV
£76.08/mo when you renew
- The most feature-rich Extended Validation (EV) certificate in the whole industry. This premium certificate provides not only security, but also the green address bar in conjunction with the Norton Secure Seal. Also, as a more total web security solutions, this cert comes with extensive daily malware and vulnerability scans, along with ECC encryption – the lightest and fastest encryption technology in the industry, available exclusively with Symantec Pro products. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site Wildcard
£134.38/mo when you renew
- Extend your security over to all of your subdomains with this Organization Validated (OV) certificate. Providing features such as the Norton Secured seal, 256-bit encryption, daily malware and vulnerability scans, and 99.9% compatibility for browsers, every part of your site will be covered and backed by the premier name in the industry – Symantec. View Full Product Details
Symantec Code Signing Certificate
£26.66/mo when you renew
- Inform your users that your company’s code has been verified by the world-renown leader in web security; Symantec. Your customers will know that your company’s code is safe from modification, re-hosting, and impersonation by other, malicious 3rd parties. View Full Product Details
Symantec Safe Site
£17.39/mo when you renew
- Boost your customer confidence by installing the Norton Secure Seal on your website, backed by the renowned brand Symantec. In addition to the Norton Secure Seal, this product also scans your site daily for any traces of malware before they become an issue for clients. View Full Product Details
£1.93/mo when you renew
- Thawte is one of the most respected names in the SSL industry. This domain validated certificate offers a combination of trust, security and speed. It can be issued within minutes and offers a dynamic seal that can be viewed on your website. View Full Product Details
Thawte SSL123 Wildcard
£13.56/mo when you renew
- This Wildcard certificate is Thawte’s Domain Validated (DV) option, meaning it can be issued out in just a few minutes. The Thawte SSL123 Wildcard certificate comes from one of the most respected names in the web security industry. It will cover one domain name, like www.domain.com, and then an unlimited amount of subdomains like xyz.domain.com, mail.domain.com, thawteisgreat.domain.com, etc. This certificate also comes with a clickable Thawte Site Seal, full 128- to 256-bit encryption, and activates both HTTPS and the padlock icon in a browser bar. View Full Product Details
Thawte SSL Web Server
£3.94/mo when you renew
- These organization validated certificates allow your customers to see that your business was verified by one of the most trusted names in internet security. This certificate is recommended to medium sized ecommerce sites and comes with a dynamic site seal. View Full Product Details
Thawte SSL Web Server with EV
£10.36/mo when you renew
- This certificate offers the highest industry standard for authentication as well as an encryption of up to 256-bit. Having the green address bar on your website ensures customers that you are a trustworthy business and have taken the steps to secure transactions on your website. View Full Product Details
Thawte Wildcard SSL
£20.76/mo when you renew
- This is an easy and affordable solution if you want to secure all of your subdomains that share the same base domain name. This wildcard is perfect for medium to larger-sized companies, or any business that places the highest stock in their customers’ trust and assurance. View Full Product Details
Thawte Code Signing Certificate
£8.33/mo when you renew
- This certificate allows you to protect your code with one of the most trusted brands in web security. Because of the brand recognition, your customers will instantly be able to verify that your software is safe for download. This certificate works virtually on all platforms and applications and ensures that your code cannot be maliciously modified without immediate detection. View Full Product Details
Comodo Code Signing
£4.52/mo when you renew
- These code signing certificates help ensure that any code or content you’re looking to distribute over the internet is safe from modification, re-hosting, and impersonation by malicious third parties. View Full Product Details
Comodo EV Code Signing
£22.08/mo when you renew
- Comodo Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing gives your customers the peace of mind to download your software. After all, you’ve worked too hard for that conversion for a browser warning to derail you. An EV Code Signing certificate features all the benefits of a regular code signing certificate but offers identity assurance. And identity assurance is what gets rid of those pesky browser warnings and builds file reputation in Microsoft SmartScreen. Your EV Code Signing certificate also features an added layer of security—your private key will be physically stored on an external hardware token. This eliminates any risk of unauthorized use of your code signing certificate. In 2017, code signing is a requirement. Take the extra steps to not only guarantee your software’s integrity—but also to verify your identity to your customers. After all, nothing boosts conversions like trust. View Full Product Details
Sectigo Code Signing Certificate
£4.52/mo when you renew
- Signing scripts and executables both assures customers of your verified identity and acts as an indicator in the event your software is altered or tampered with. Consumers demand assurance and only Code Signing can provide it to them. View Full Product Details
Sectigo EV Code Signing Certificate
£22.08/mo when you renew
- Assert maximum identity on all your scripts and executables with Extended Validation code signing. Not only does it feature enhanced security in the form of a private key saved on an external hardware toke, it’s also the only guaranteed way to avoid unknown publisher warnings on the Microsoft SmartScreen filter. View Full Product Details
Essential SSL Certificate (DV)
£0.96/mo when you renew
- This is a quick and cost-effective certificate that will secure your customer transactions. The main feature of the certificate is the speed of issuance, it is ideal for very light ecommerce websites. View Full Product Details
EssentialSSL Wildcard (DV)
£5.96/mo when you renew
- This certificate will secure an unlimited number of subdomains which makes management and provisioning very easy. This wildcard certificate will provide you with unlimited server licensing, along with a static site seal. View Full Product Details
Comodo EV Multi-Domain
- Flexibility is crucial when it comes to managing multiple sites, which is where this Extended Validation (EV) certificate comes in. By offering features such as 256-bit encryption, the green address bar, SAN support (up to 100 additional domains), and the Comodo Secured Seal, all visitors will be aware of and appreciate the level of protection offered. View Full Product Details
Sectigo EV Multi-Domain/UCC
- Encrypt up to 250 different domains on a single certificate, regardless of server type (including MS Exchange and Office Communications), and assert maximum identity with the EV name bar on every single one. This is the most cost-effective EV solution for multiple domains. View Full Product Details
Comodo EV SSL
- In addition to the green address bar, this certificate features a HackerGuardian Vulnerability Scan, a free site seal free PCI scanning, free daily website scanning, a post-install health check, and the “point-to-verify” Comodo trustmark. This EV certificate offers tremendous value for your dollar. View Full Product Details
Sectigo EV SSL
- Assert maximum organizational identity with one of the most trusted SSL/TLS certificates on the market, the Sectigo EV SSL. Receive preferential browser treatment for your website, showcase your identity in the address bar. There’s no better value for an EV SSL certificate. View Full Product Details
HackerGuardian PCI Scan Control Center
£5.87/mo when you renew
- Ensure that your meeting the industry standards set by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) with this simple and easy tool. Easily view and manage detailed vulnerability reports to make certain that your solution is up to date with the latest rules set by the Payment Card Industry (PCI). View Full Product Details
HackerProof Trust Mark
£55/mo when you renew
- Place a Trust Mark on your site of a reputable brand that will not only build trust, but also boost confidence among your visitors of your site. With this product, visitors will be aware of your dedication towards safety. View Full Product Details
£2.33/mo when you renew
- This security product is ideal for light ecommerce sites interested in boosting their trust quickly and affordably. This certificate will not only encrypt information sent from browsers to your server, but will also increase the trust visitors have in your website. View Full Product Details
Sectigo OV SSL
£3.93/mo when you renew
- Organization validated SSL encryption that’s perfect for large enterprise networks, internal networks and intranets. Provides industry standard encryption for one site, host name or IP address. View Full Product Details
InstantSSL Pro (OV)
£2.98/mo when you renew
- This certificate will enable many trust indicators on your website, along with providing strong 256-bit encryption. Once installed, your site will reap the benefits of the padlock icon in the URL bar, “https” in front of the address, and the dynamic Comodo Secure Site Seal. View Full Product Details
Comodo Multi-Domain SSL (OV)
- With this certificate you can cover up to 100 domains with just one certificate. In addition to SAN support, this certificate offers a dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. This multi-domain certificate is an excellent option for small to medium sized companies that want to make managing and provisioning their domains as simple as possible. View Full Product Details
Sectigo OV SSL Multi-Domain/UCC
- Consolidate certificate management burdens and save money in the process with the Sectigo OV SSL Multi-Domain/UCC. Capable of encrypting up to 250 different domains on a single certificate, this certificate works on any server including Microsoft Exchange and Office Communications. View Full Product Details
Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard
£5.73/mo when you renew
- Looking for a way to quickly and easily get the valued “https” displayed on a main domain and all of your subdomains? Then the Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard is the certificate for you. Speed and reliability are two adjectives that come to mind when describing this certificate. That’s because this wildcard certificate is a basic, Domain Validated (DV) certificate and can be issued in mere minutes. Also, with 99.3% browser recognition and solid mobile compatibility, the Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard can be relied on by most light ecommerce websites. View Full Product Details
InstantSSL Premium (OV)
£3.93/mo when you renew
- Provides full assurance to your customers beyond encryption by adding trust to your business. This Organization Validated (OV) certificate offers 256-bit encryption along with the recognized Comodo Site Seal. Your customers will know that their information is safe and sound. View Full Product Details
InstantSSL Premium Wildcard (OV)
£9.63/mo when you renew
- This certificate offers the dynamic Comodo site seal and unlimited server licensing. You will also be able to secure one domain and of your subdomains. This wildcard certificate is an excellent option for medium-sized companies and ecommerce sites that wish to bolster the trust their users will have with them. View Full Product Details
Sectigo OV Wildcard SSL
£19.97/mo when you renew
- The most identity you can assert with a Wildcard product. Showcase your organization’s identity on a single domain and all its sub-domains. Perfect for large enterprise environments and internal networks. View Full Product Details
Comodo SSL Certificate (DV)
£3.12/mo when you renew
- This domain validated certificate can be issued in minutes. On top of encryption, this certificate will show your customers that your site has been vetted by a leading internet security specialist, so they’ll know it’s safe to do business with you. This certificate comes with dynamic site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
£3.13/mo when you renew
- The golden standard for SSL certificates, the Sectigo SSL certificates provides fast, affordable encryption that meets or exceeds all industry standards. There isn’t a more-trusted SSL/TLS certificate available on the market. View Full Product Details
Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificate (DV)
£11.92/mo when you renew
- Are you looking to secure one main domain, along with all of your subdomains? If so, then the Comodo Wildcard SSL certificate is an excellent option. With just one certificate, you can cover your main domain (www.domain.com) and as many subdomains as you need (mail.domain.com, billing.domain.com, etc.domain.com). Also, because this is a Domain Validated (DV) certificate, the Comodo Wildcard SSL can be issued in as little as a few minutes. One of the easiest and most economical Wildcard options, this certificate is perfect for small to medium sized businesses and lower-traffic ecommerce sites. View Full Product Details
Sectigo SSL Wildcard
£11.95/mo when you renew
- Secure your domain and all its first-level sub-domains with a single certificate for one very low price. Comes backed by the Sectigo Secure seal and an industry-leading warranty. View Full Product Details
Comodo Unified Communications Certificate
- This single SSL certificate can provide secured communications on many different domains, both internal and external, which will reduce the complexity of your server security administration, along with reducing cost. View Full Product Details
Elite SSL (OV)
£4.49/mo when you renew
- Ensure the ultimate amount of protection out of all Organization Validated (OV) certificates. With features such as securing both www and non-www, 256-bit encryption, Free HackerGuardian Vulnerability Scan, the Comodo Site Seal, and 99% recognition of browsers, your visitors will rest assured knowing their information is being transmitted securely. View Full Product Details
Comodo Domain Validated UCC SSL
- As a Unified Communications certificate, this product has been designed exclusively for Microsoft Exchange 2010 as well as Office Communications Server 2007. This certificate also offers SAN support, a static site seal and unlimited server licensing. View Full Product Details
Sectigo SSL Multi-Domain/UCC
£4.49/mo when you renew
- Fast flexible SSL encryption for up to 250 different domains on just a single certificate. Can be issued instantly and works on all server types, including Microsoft Exchange and Office Communications. View Full Product Details
Comodo PositiveSSL Multi-Domain
£1.2/mo when you renew
- If you need a quick way to secure multiple domains on a single SSL certificate, then the Comodo Positive Multi-Domain SSL is the cert for you. This certificate can secure up to 100 total domains and is typically issued in mere minutes, once domain ownership is verified. As an entry-level Domain Validated (DV) option, the Comodo Positive Multi-Domain SSL is an excellent option for start-up ecommerce sites and other small businesses looking for a little boost with regards to encryption and sales. View Full Product Details
£23.98/mo when you renew
- Enterprise SSL from Comodo is the entry point into the Enterprise line. Offering strong encryption up to 256-bit with an NIST-approved 2048-bit signature key, Enterprise SSL is an ideal fit for any enterprise-level business looking to secure its domain. You”ll undergo some business validation and verified information about your company or organization will appear in your certificate details and whenever anyone clicks your Comodo Secure site seal. After all, the name of the game is identity assurance. Enterprise SSL comes backed by a generous $1,500,000 warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee, so your company will have peace of mind. Best of all, it comes packaged with a free 90-day cWatch trial. View Full Product Details
Enterprise SSL Pro
£56.87/mo when you renew
- Enterprise SSL Pro from Comodo is the next step up in the Enterprise Line, offering all the great perks and benefits of Enterprise SSL with a few additional features that provide customers with even greater value. In addition to the strong 256-bit encryption and 2048-bit signature key, you”ll get the generous $1,500,000 warranty, the Comodo Secure site seal and some serious identity assurance. Plus, you”ll receive cWatch Web for a full year. This feature will be launched soon, but cWatch Web is a new cloud-based Security-as-a-Service solution that provides comprehensive website security on another level. Best of all, Enterprise SSL Pro is Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) enabled. ECC represents the future of SSL, where your encryption will be stronger, lighter and faster than ever. View Full Product Details
Enterprise SSL Pro Wildcard
£104.19/mo when you renew
- Enterprise SSL Pro Wildcard offers you all the familiar benefits of the Enterprise SSL Pro – the same strong encryption strength, the same 2048-bit RSA key/ECC capabilities, the same organization authentication and the same peace of mind with its $1.5 million warranty – but also wildcard functionality. This is a perfect solution for any enterprise company that needs to secure a domain and all of its accompanying sub-domains—for a completely secure web experience. Simply use an asterisk at the sub-domain level you”d like to encrypt during the CSR generation process and your Enterprise SSL Pro Wildcard will do the rest. Best of all, if you grow and add additional sub-domains this SSL certificate will grow with you and cover more sub-domains, too. View Full Product Details
Enterprise SSL Pro with EV
£88.15/mo when you renew
- Enterprise SSL Pro with EV represents the absolute maximum in trust and assurance you can receive from an SSL certificate and Comodo. This is the ultimate in identity assurance. After undergoing extensive vetting (nothing to worry about if your business registration is up to date) you”ll be issued an enterprise-level EV SSL certificate that activates the green address bar, comes backed by the highly-recognized Comodo Secure site seal and features the highest warranty in the entire SSL industry $2,000,000. This is the best SSL certificate Comodo has to offer. The most assurance, highest level of trust, best single site EV certificate, period. Nothing tells your customers you care about their safety quite like Enterprise SSL Pro with EV. View Full Product Details
Enterprise SSL Pro with EV Multi-Domain
£240.55/mo when you renew
- Enterprise SSL Pro with EV Multi-Domain is Comodo”s most comprehensive enterprise-level security solution—it can cover up to 250 different domains with a single certificate. Not only do you get all the benefits of Comodo Enterprise SSL Pro with EV – the green address bar, powerful encryption and a considerable spike in your customers” trust towards you – now you have the flexibility to encrypt additional domains on the same certificate. Think about all the time and money you”ll save when you secure your entire online presence in one fell swoop. Best of all, Enterprise SSL Pro with EV Multi-Domain is backed by the biggest warranty in the industry, $2,000,000 along with the Comodo Secure site seal. There”s no better way to encrypt your entire online portfolio with the green address bar! View Full Product Details
Comodo PositiveSSL Multi-Domain Wildcard
- Save yourself the time of managing numerous SSL certificates in attempt to secure your website’s multiple domains and sub-domains with Comodo’s new Positive Multiple Domain Wildcard SSL certificate. While the Wildcard lets you secure an unlimited number of sub-domains, the SAN element in the certificate lets you protect multiple host names with a single certificate. Absolutely economical and reliable, this unique certificate is an ideal solution for securing e-commerce websites, payment pages, mail servers, intranets/ extranets, web applications etc. It’s Domain Validated (DV) and offers 99.9% browser and mobile phone compatibility. View Full Product Details
Comodo OV Unified Communications Wildcard
- Designed with Microsoft Exchange and Office Communications in mind, this Organization Validated (OV) certificate provides support not only for multiple domains, but also unlimited subdomains. This certificate is the perfect wildcard solution for companies with multiple sites. View Full Product Details
Sectigo Multi-Domain/UCC Wildcard (DV)
- Fast, affordable domain validated SSL encryption for up to 250 different domains and their accompanying sub-domains. Eliminates the burdens of certificate management and reduces costs substantially. View Full Product Details
Comodo Multi-Domain Wildcard (OV)
- By far the most flexible certificate in the industry, protect not only multiple domains, but also unlimited subdomains on the domains with this Organization Validated (OV).Other features include 1 year of CI scanning, 1 year of website vulnerability scanning, and a 99.9% browser recognition rate. View Full Product Details
Sectigo OV SSL Multi-Domain Wildcard
- The most versatile SSL/TLS certificate in the Sectigo collection. Assert organizational identity on up to 250 different domains and all of their accompanying sub-domains with the Sectigo OV SSL Multi-Domain Wildcard. View Full Product Details
PCI Scanning Enterprise Edition
£22.46/mo when you renew
- Easily get Payment Card Industry (PCI) certified with this tool. Get informed of any vulnerability on both your network and your server, unlimited scans on up to 20 external or internal IP addresses, and with access to over 30,000+ vulnerability tests you’ll be PCI compliant in no time. View Full Product Details
Comodo Personal Authentication Basic Certificate
£0.68/mo when you renew
- Comodo Personal Authentication Certificates (CPAC Basics) are easy and affordable solutions used to secure business communications. These certificates allow you to encrypt and digitally sign email communications, offer two-factor authentication of users and employees, secure important company documents sent across the network, and will authenticate to ensure they have clearance to access online servers. View Full Product Details
Comodo Personal Authentication Pro Certificate
£1.91/mo when you renew
- Comodo Personal Authentication Certificates (CPAC Pro) are easy and affordable solutions used to secure business communications. These certificates allow you to encrypt and digitally sign email communications, offer two-factor authentication of users and employees, secure important company documents sent across the network, and will authenticate to ensure they have clearance to access online servers View Full Product Details
Comodo Personal Authentication Enterprise Certificate
£2.67/mo when you renew
- Comodo Personal Authentication Certificates (CPAC Enterprise) are easy and affordable solutions used to secure business communications. These certificates allow you to encrypt and digitally sign email communications, offer two-factor authentication of users and employees, secure important company documents sent across the network, and will authenticate to ensure they have clearance to access online servers View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site Multi-Domain Wildcard
£149.2/mo when you renew
- Symantec™ is the most trusted web security company in the world, and their SSL/TLS certificates proudly display the highly recognizable Norton™ Secured Seal on every site they protect. The Symantec Secure Site Multi-Domain Wildcard is one of the most versatile, feature-rich Organization Validated (OV) certificates in the entire SSL industry. The Symantec Secure Site Multi-Domain Wildcard comes bundled with a Wildcard SAN, giving you the flexibility to secure an unlimited number of Sub-Domains that accompany your main domain. Additional WC SANs can be purchased as well giving this SSL Certificate the flexibility to cover your entire portfolio of sites. Best of all, this Certificate offers the highest possible encryption strength, daily malware scanning and a NetSure Warranty of $1,500,000. The Symantec Secure Site Multi-Domain Wildcard is one of the most comprehensive security solutions on the market today. View Full Product Details
Symantec® Secure Site Pro Multi-Domain Wildcard
£374.32/mo when you renew
- Symantec™ is the most trusted name in the web security industry, and the Secure Site Pro Multi-Domain Wildcard shows why. This comprehensive and trusted SSL solution goes well beyond standard encryption, allowing you to secure your entire portfolio of domains and Sub-Domains on a single certificate. The Symantec brand name, along with the well-known Norton Secured checkmark, are two of the most trusted symbols on the web, so your customers will have instant assurance that you’re a reputable business—one that’s safe to do business with. Best of all, this SSL certificate comes packaged with daily malware scanning and a vulnerability assessment. You just won’t find a more feature-rich Organization Validated (OV) certificate, making this the ideal solution any business looking to throw its name in with the leaders in their industry. View Full Product Details
GeoTrust True BusinessID Multi-Domain Wildcard
£33.4/mo when you renew
- If you need to secure multiple domains or Sub-Domains, the GeoTrust True BusinessID with Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL certificate is the ideal choice. GeoTrust is one of the most respected brands in the SSL industry, and this multi-domain wildcard certificate enables strong 256-bit encryption for up to 100 domains and an unlimited number of Sub-Domains. This certificate comes standard with two Wildcard SANS, and customers have the ability to purchase additional Wildcard SANs as per their needs. Best of all, this certificate offers full business validation, so your customers will be aware that you went the extra mile to authenticate yourself. The GeoTrust True BusinessID with Multi-Domain Wildcard certificate is the perfect way to encrypt your entire online portfolio for small-to-medium businesses that put a high value on customer trust. View Full Product Details
Thawte SSL Web Server Multi-Domain Wildcard
£32.8/mo when you renew
- The Thawte SSL WebServer Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL certificate is one of the most versatile SSL certificates available on the market today. It’s an excellent certificate for businesses looking to go beyond just encryption for their entire portfolio of domains and Sub-Domains. That’s because this SSL certificate features the highly reputable Thawte name, a dynamic site seal and 99.9% browser/mobile recognition – making it one of the most comprehensive Multi-Domain Wildcard solutions out there. This Multi-Domain Wildcard security solution is perfect for medium to larger-sized companies, or any business that places the highest stock in their customers’ trust and assurance. View Full Product Details
Symantec Secure Site Pro SHA-1 Private
£119.08/mo when you renew
- Now you can secure legacy machines and systems that are not compatible with the industry-mandated SHA-2 hashing algorithm, thanks to the Symantec™ Secure Site Pro SHA-1 Private. This Organization Validated certificate provides up to 256-bit encryption strength and comes with a 2048-bit RSA signature key. The Secure Site Pro SHA-1 Private comes with either SHA-1 full chain or SHA-mixed chain and is perfect for use with private networks, network appliances and a wide range of other enterprise-level functions. View Full Product Details
£6.18/mo when you renew
- Introducing the Positive SSL EV certificate, which offers access to Extended Validation SSL at an extremely budget-friendly price point. Positive SSL EV comes with a dynamic Positive SSL trust seal, a $1,000,000 warranty and activates the green address bar, which displays your company or organization’s verified name in green font next to the URL. Being able to verify your identity for your customers is becoming increasingly important on today’s internet. Can you afford not to take advantage of this opportunity? View Full Product Details
Positive SSL EV Multi-Domain
£12.99/mo when you renew
- The Positive SSL EV Multi-Domain certificate is an incredibly popular product among larger companies and enterprises. Where else can you get EV SSL protection for up to 250 different domains a price point that doesn’t cause the finance department physical pain? Positive SSL EV Multi-Domain is compatible with 99.9% of web and mobile browsers, it provides industry-standard 256-bit encryption strength and comes with a 2048-bit signature key. Perhaps more importantly, it’s backed by a $1,000,000 warranty from Comodo to give you greater peace of mind. Activate the green address bar across all your domains, show your customers who you are and never once worry about the cost. View Full Product Details
How To Choose The Right SSL Certificate
When shopping for an SSL Certificate, there are different types to choose from, but they are grouped into two:
These types of SSLs are only issued after you’ve verified the legitimacy of domains.
Domain validation (DV) SSL Certificates
Domain Validation (DV) SSL Certificates are a type of SSL Certificate issued by a Certificate Authority (CA) after verifying that the entity requesting the certificate owns the domain name for which the certificate is being requested. This type of SSL Certificate is useful for websites that do not require a high level of security, as it is the least expensive and most quickly issued type of SSL Certificate.
Organization Validation (OV) SSL Certificates
Organization Validation (OV) SSL Certificates are a specific type of SSL Certificates used to verify the organization behind a website. OV SSL Certificates ensure that the website is owned and operated by the organization stated in the certificate and not by someone who has stolen the organisation’s identity. This is done by verifying the organization’s details, such as its registered name and address, against public records.
Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates
EV SSL certificates are a type of security certificate that offers extended validation. This means that the issuing certificate authority (CA) performs a more rigorous identity verification before issuing the certificate. This helps to ensure that the site owner is who they say they are and that the site is legitimate. EV SSL certificates offer a higher level of security than standard SSL certificates and are ideal for online businesses that handle sensitive information.
These SSL Certificates depend on the number of domains (or subdomains) you’d like to secure.
Single-domain SSL certificates
A single-domain SSL certificate is a type of SSL certificate used to secure a single website or domain name. A single-domain SSL certificate is a less expensive and less complicated option than a multi-domain SSL certificate, which can be used to secure multiple websites or domains.
Wildcard SSL Certificates
A wildcard SSL certificate allows you to secure an unlimited number of subdomains with a single certificate. This can be a great option if you have a lot of subdomains that you need to secure or if you want to make it easier for your users to access your site. Wildcard certificates are also a good option for securing multiple domains with a single certificate.
Multi-Domain SSL Certificates
Multi-Domain SSL Certificates allow you to secure multiple domains with a single certificate. This can be helpful if you have multiple domains that you want to secure with a single certificate or if you want to consolidate multiple certificates into one. Multi-Domain SSL Certificates are also called Unified Communications (UC) Certificates because they can be used to secure multiple communication channels, such as email, voice, and video.
SSL Certificates FAQs
What is an SSL Certificate?
An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that establishes a secure connection between a web server and a web browser. The certificate contains information about the organization that owns the website and the website’s domain name and public key. When a web browser connects to a website using an SSL certificate, the browser verifies the certificate and establishes a secure connection.
How does an SSL Certificate Work?
SSL certificates use a public and private key to encrypt and decrypt information. The public key encrypts information, and the private key decrypts it.
The web server and the web browser each have their own copy of the public and private keys. When you visit an SSL-protected website, your web browser will check to see if a valid SSL certificate is installed on the server. If there is, your browser will create a secure connection with the server using the public key.
Why Do You Need an SSL Certificate?
An SSL certificate is a must for any website. Here’s why:
- SSL certificates add an extra layer of security to your website. They encrypt communication between your website and visitors’ browsers, making it much harder for hackers to intercept and steal information.
- SSL certificates also help build trust with your visitors. Websites that don’t have SSL certificates are often flagged as untrustworthy by browsers, which can deter potential customers from doing business with you.
- Finally, having an SSL certificate is becoming increasingly important for SEO purposes. Google now gives preference to websites with SSL certificates when ranking search results, so it’s worth getting one if you want your site to perform well in the search engines.
What Types of SSL Certificates are There and What Are They Used For?
SSL certificates encrypt data and identify the site for which it is issued. Different types of SSL certificates can be used for various purposes.
There are two types of SSL certificates: Domain Validation (DV) and Extended Validation (EV).
DV certificates provide basic validation of the domain name, while EV certificates provide a higher level of validation by validating that the domain is registered with a company or organization.
The main difference between these two types is in the validation process, which determines if they should be trusted or not. A DV certificate will check if a website has been registered at all. In contrast, an EV certificate will validate that the website has been registered with a company authorized to issue SSL certificates.
Which SSL Certificate Should I Choose?
When it comes to SSL Certificates, there are a lot of options to choose from. So, which one should you pick? Here is a breakdown of the different SSL Certificates to help you make the best decision for your business.
Standard SSL Certificate: This is the most basic type of certificate and provides encryption for data in transit. It’s perfect for small businesses that don’t collect sensitive information from customers.
Wildcard SSL Certificate: This certificate allows you to secure multiple subdomains with a single certificate. It’s ideal for businesses with multiple websites or needs to secure internal communication between employees.
Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate: This is the highest level of security available, and it triggers the green bar in browsers.
How do I get a free SSL certificate?
If you are looking to sign up for a new web hosting provider with a free SSL/TLS certificate included, Truehost is an excellent option. This is a significant consideration for website owners looking for their current working website to be secured by an SSL/TLS certificate on the same account. And you can easily install it right in your cPanel account.
Does SSL help with SEO?
Yes, it does. Google has clarified that they want to reduce the number of insecure websites. As a result, many websites are now switching to SSL certificates.
In fact, Google has been providing search results for websites that use HTTPS or secure websites. Google provides this feature because they want to ensure that its websites are safe and secure.
SSL helps with SEO as it makes your website more reliable and trustworthy. It also helps with rankings in Google Search Engine when you have an SSL certificate installed on your website.
Google can demote insecure websites because they are not safe or trustworthy.
What Is the Difference Between HTTPS And HTTP?
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is an internet communication protocol that protects the data being exchanged between a user and a website. HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) is the standard web communications protocol. HTTPS uses encryption to protect data in transit, while HTTP does not.
What is the difference between DV OV and EV certificates?
For EV and OV certificates, CAs must verify the domain owner and details related to the affiliated business, including name, type, status, and physical address. DV only looks at the domain.
What defines an EV SSL certificate?
EV SSL certificates provide a better user experience by providing a green address bar.
An EV SSL certificate is issued by a Certification Authority accredited with the EV (Extended Validation) seal.
This seal appears in the URL bar of browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and indicates to users that an independent third-party organization verifies the site.
Are EV SSL certificates worth it?
EV SSL certificates are definitely worth it! They provide the highest level of security and trust for your website, which is essential for any business. They’re also very easy to set up and use, so there’s really no reason not to use one.
How to renew an SSL certificate?
If you purchase any premium SSL via Truehost Cloud, it will be automatically renewed by Truehost Cloud as long as you are a customer. The auto-renewal setting is also available for the Comodo PositiveSSL plan, and you’ll be automatically billed the annual SSL certificate price.