GoDaddy offers a range of hosting plans with different renewal fees, catering to various needs.
Understanding the pricing and renewal costs is essential for making an informed decision about which plan best suits your requirements.
Let’s delve into the details of GoDaddy’s hosting plans and their renewal fees.
GoDaddy Hosting Plans and Renewal Fees
GoDaddy provides several hosting plans, each with its own features and renewal pricing. Here’s an overview of some of the key plans and their renewal fees:
- Price (billed annually): £6.99/month
- Renewal Fee (billed annually): £9.99/month
- Price (billed annually): £8.99/month
- Renewal Fee (billed annually): £12.99/month
- Price (billed annually): £11.99/month
- Renewal Fee (billed annually): £16.99/month
- Price (billed annually): £12.99/month
- Renewal Fee (billed annually): £19.99/month
Note that these prices are based on annual billing, and the renewal prices may vary for monthly billing.
GoDaddy offers a variety of features with each plan, such as website security, on-the-go editing, 24/7 support, and e-commerce capabilities.
Understanding Domain Renewal Prices
In addition to hosting plans, GoDaddy also allows users to check the renewal prices for their domains.
The renewal price shown is for a one-year registration and does not include any domain add-ons, such as Domain Protection or Premium DNS.
Users can easily check their domain renewal prices through their GoDaddy account to make informed decisions about renewing their domains.
Web Hosting Plans
GoDaddy’s web hosting plans are designed to be reliable, fast, and secure. The company offers different hosting options, including plans for single sites, multiple sites, and increased processing power. Each plan comes with its own set of features and renewal prices.
For example, the Web Hosting Economy plan is a cost-effective option for a single site, with a renewal price of $459.63.
On the other hand, the Web Hosting Deluxe plan, suitable for multiple sites, renews at $503.64. The Web Hosting Ultimate plan, offering increased processing power, renews at a different rate as well.
Cheap Web Hosting Options
GoDaddy also provides cheap web hosting solutions, with plans designed to be budget-friendly. The Economy Hosting plan, for instance, includes unmetered bandwidth and 100GB of storage, offering high quality at a low price. The renewal fee for this plan is $18.33 per month with an annual term.
Why is GoDaddy renewal so expensive?
I bet you might have noticed that GoDaddy domain and web hosting renewals in the UK can feel expensive for a few reasons, with the perceived cost depending on your expectations and specific domain:
- Marketing and brand recognition: GoDaddy invests heavily in advertising and marketing, leading to higher operating costs that can translate into slightly higher prices.
- Initial discount strategy: Many domain registrars, including GoDaddy, offer steep discounts for the first year to attract new customers. However, the renewal price often reflects the actual cost of managing and maintaining the domain.
- Domain name value: Some, particularly shorter or more desirable domain names, incur higher fees from registries, leading to higher renewal costs for owners.
- Renewal vs. registration: It’s crucial to distinguish between domain registration (initial purchase) and renewal (continuing ownership). While introductory offers may make registration seem cheap, renewals typically reflect the true cost of maintaining the domain name in the registry database.
However, there are ways to manage GoDaddy renewal costs:
- Shop around: Compare prices with other registrars like Namecheap, Google Domains, or Hover. Many offer introductory discounts and competitive renewal rates.
- Look for promotions: GoDaddy itself offers coupons and discounts, especially during major sales like Black Friday. Keep an eye out for email promotions or check their website regularly.
- Longer renewals: Consider multi-year renewals, which sometimes offer discounted rates compared to annual renewals.
Ultimately, whether GoDaddy renewals are “expensive” depends on your needs and budget. Researching alternatives, taking advantage of discounts, and choosing the right renewal term can help manage the cost.
Remember, a domain name is your online identity, so consider its value and potential long-term use when making renewal decisions.
How do I renew my GoDaddy hosting plan?
To renew your GoDaddy hosting plan, you can follow the steps below:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Go to your “Renewals & Billing” page.
- Select the checkbox next to the hosting plan you want to renew.
- Click “Add to Cart” at the top of the page.
- Complete your purchase.
If you have set up auto-renewal for your hosting plan, it will automatically renew for the same term when the time comes.
To upgrade your hosting plan, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your GoDaddy “My Products” page.
- Under “Website + Marketing Websites,” select the menu for the account you want to upgrade, then select “Edit your plan.”
- Use the drop-down menu at the top of the “Upgrade” column to select a new plan.
- If you would like to extend your renewal, use the drop-down at the bottom of the “Upgrade” column to select the number of additional months you want to renew for.
- Click “Checkout” and then “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Verify that your billing information is accurate, then click “Place Your Order.”
Godaddy’s pricing compared to other web hosting providers
GoDaddy’s pricing is competitive compared to other web hosting providers.
The company offers a variety of hosting plans with different price points, making it suitable for various needs and budgets.
Here’s a comparison of GoDaddy’s pricing with some other popular web hosting providers:
Namecheap vs. GoDaddy
Both Namecheap and GoDaddy offer reasonable price points compared to their competitors.
GoDaddy’s self-managed VPS plans start at $9.99 per month, offering good value for those in need of VPS hosting.
GoDaddy also provides unlimited bandwidth, even in its lower pricing tiers, which can be beneficial for high-traffic sites.
However, GoDaddy’s renewal prices may increase significantly after the introductory period.
Hostinger vs. GoDaddy
When comparing Hostinger and GoDaddy, GoDaddy’s pricing for its basic plan starts at $2.99 per month for one website, 100GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, and a free email and domain.
Hostinger, on the other hand, offers a slightly lower starting price.
GoDaddy has an advantage with a wider array of pricing plans and is slightly cheaper with its lowest plan.
However, it’s essential to consider both promotional and actual pricing, as many hosting companies provide introductory promotional rates.
GoDaddy vs. Truehost
Another host to throw in the ring alongside Godaddy in the UK is Truehsot UK.
For as low as £1 per month on thetruehost.co.uk, you get 30GB of web hosting space. You also get:
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Max Websites Hosted: 1
- One Click Apps
- Free SSL Certificate
- Max Email Account: Unlimited
- Max Databases: Unlimited
- Max Subdomains: Unlimited
- Uptime: 99.999%
In summary, GoDaddy’s pricing is competitive within the web hosting industry, offering a variety of plans to accommodate different needs.
While its renewal prices may increase after the introductory period, the company’s range of features and additional packages make it a compelling choice for individuals and businesses seeking reliable and affordable web hosting solutions.
What happens if I don’t renew my hosting GoDaddy?
If you’ve seen the Godaddy renewal fees and now s don’t renew your hosting with GoDaddy, several consequences may occur:
- Website removal: The website will eventually be removed from the hosting server if it is allowed to expire in your account.
- Account shutdown: The hosting account will be shut down, and you will not have access to the site or files any longer.
- Domain removal: The domain will be removed from your account, and you won’t be able to renew it. You may be able to register the domain after the registry’s expiration policy allows it.
- Redemption fee: If you wish to redeem a domain that has expired, you will be charged a redemption fee in addition to the registration costs.
- Website disappearance: If your website is on Managed hosting and you don’t renew, the website will no longer be hosted and therefore not “on the web” for your visitors.
To avoid these consequences, it is essential to renew your hosting account before the expiration date.
If you are unsure about the renewal process or need assistance, you can visit GoDaddy’s help center or contact their customer support for guidance.
GoDaddy UK offers a variety of hosting plans with different renewal fees to accommodate various needs, from basic websites to e-commerce platforms.
Understanding the pricing and renewal costs associated with each plan is crucial for individuals and businesses looking to establish or maintain an online presence.
If you evaluate the features and renewal prices of different plans, you can make well-informed decisions that align with your specific requirements and budget.