GoDaddy vs Gator Host is one of the toughest contests in the web hosting industry. These two are not only popular but also have striking similarities in their features. Some of these include:
- Guaranteed uptime of up to 99.9%
- Customer support includes 24/7 live chat, phone, and email customer support
- Resources for customers include tutorials and knowledgebase articles where you can find answers to the questions you have.
Narrowing down to one can be a daunting task and you would almost think choosing either of them is as good as the other.
Read on to learn more about GoDaddy vs Gator Host. These distinctions are deal-breakers in choosing a host.
Let us start by exploring each host individually.
Gator Host is one of the oldest and biggest web hosting companies in the industry. It was founded in 2002 and has grown exponentially over the years to get a major market share in the hosting business. It is an excellent hosting provider with a variety of powerful tools and lucrative feature-rich packages.
Currently, they host over 10 million domains and have over 850 employees offering 24/7 support to individuals and businesses of all sizes. For this and so much more, this hosting provider gives stiff competition to other market leaders and it is thrilling to see how GoDaddy vs Gator Host fairs on.
Let us first find out which services you can get from Gator Host as well as the benefits and shortcomings you can expect from using it.
Gator Host Products and Services
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Search Engine Optimization
Advantages of Using Gator Host
- Plenty of storage.
All Gator Host plans come with unlimited storage. However, all your files combined should not exceed 200,000.
- A generous money-back guarantee
Gator Host offers a 45-day money-back guarantee as compared to most of the other web hosting companies who offer a limit of 30-days
- Flexible billing terms
You can purchase hosting plans on either 1,3,6,12,24, or a 36-month plan. The longer the term, the cheaper you pay.
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Many programming languages
- Free service migration
Gator Host offers free migration for new accounts. Their expert team transfers your website from your previous host at no extra cost for the first 30 days of signing up.
Disadvantages of Gator Host
- Unreliable support
Sometimes you can wait for up to 30 minutes to be connected with the staff team. Delays in getting assistance can lag you behind.
- Constant upsells
You need to review the additional services pre-selected during the sign-up process. If you are unsure, you can uncheck them and add them later as needed.
- Poor backups
Gator Host has limited backup options. They only do one weekly backup which is inadequate for most people. To improve this, you have to pay for an add-on.
- Tricky prices and fees
Their prices are cheap for the first term and expensive when renewing.
GoDaddy is undeniably a major market player in the hosting industry specializing in both domain registration and web hosting.
They have about 20 million customers, over 9,000 employees, and manage more than 80 million domains.
GoDaddy Products and Services
- Domains; both registration and transfer
- Shared hosting
- WordPress hosting
- VPS plans
- Email hosting plans
- Website Builder
- Windows-based hosting
- Easy to use – their interface is user-friendly and highly recommendable for beginners.
- One-click installation for WordPress and other apps – this is a great solution for those who want to get online fast. It works perfectly for newbies in website design and content uploading.
- An efficient and responsive customer service – GoDaddy has received awards for providing some of the best customer services.
- Quick load time
- High-quality video guides
- Quick load time
- Multiple Data Centers
- Supports many payment options – many
- A reliable uptime
- Bandwidth – each plan allows your site to get unlimited traffic
- Their basic plan is limited
- Frequent upsells
- High renewal costs – GoDaddy provides quality services but their pricing is usually higher than other
- Their blog has inadequate features.
- Sites limitation – all plans come with a maximum of websites you can own
- No migration services – GoDaddy is different from other hosting providers since they do not help their clients migrate their websites from another host.
Striking Differences: GoDaddy vs Gator Host
- The type of security
Data can be compromised in a number of ways such as
- Natural disasters
- Physical damage
- Malware and viruses
- Power failures
- Human errors
This shows that you need as much security as possible. Here are a number of differences for GoDaddy vs Gator Host.
- GoDaddy conducts backup and malware scans every day and stores files in the cloud while Gator Host does this every week.
- Gator Host has their staff on duty 24/7/365 to ensure that all problems are rectified as soon as possible and their premises is secured using layers of some of the best technology there is. On the other hand, GoDaddy provides SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption for all hosting plans; this is the most powerful protection. Their data center is protected using some of the best technology in providing uninterupted power supply, cooling systems, and a 24/7/365 power supply.
- Money-back guarantee: GoDaddy provides a 30-day money-back guarantee of 30 days while Gator Host offers 45 days for the same.
A good host at affordable pricing can be compared to winning a jackpot. This is because most of the time you have to compromise on one. Let us find out how GoDaddy vs Gator Host compares on this one.
GoDaddy provides four hosting plans with the cheapest Basic plan at £6.99 per month. Their eCommerce plan is popular for accommodating a variety of payment options making it very convenient for online shoppers using these sites. Below is a sneak peek of the other pricing plans.
Gator Host Pricing
Gator host provides an ideal package for newbies in web hosting. Their plans are simple and quite affordable as compared to GoDaddy.
One of the factors contributing to this is their generous discounts of up to 65% off.
The Hatchling plan, which is the cheapest starts at $2.75 per month. The other plans include the Baby Plan and the Business Plan as highlighted below.
GoDaddy vs Gator Host is a remarkably tough competition. They are both market leaders and provide quality services.
If you are looking for sophisticated security, GoDaddy should be your plug. On the other hand, Gator Host is your plug for a simple and more affordable website.
Be sure to check out both of these website builders and utilize their free trials to get your best match.