The success of your website largely depends on the reliability of your domain. In this article, you will learn how to transfer domain to GoDaddy and get your site thriving from the world leader in domain hosting.
There are many reasons why one may want to transfer a domain to GoDaddy.
- Seeking affordable pricing
- Looking for better services
- Wanting to consolidate your resources on a common platform
- You just need a change
GoDaddy makes the transfer process easy and quick for you. They are the perfect definition of a seamless user experience. Let us explore further the benefits you will enjoy from hosting your domain on GoDaddy.
Benefits of Transfering your domain to GoDaddy
- The transfer process is automated and does not require any special tech skills.
This makes it easy, quick, and risk-free. Also, the fact that this process majorly takes place in the background gives you the space to continue with other important tasks.
- A vast resource of worldwide support.
There is a wide variety of domains to choose from in multiple languages and extensions as well as resourceful human support wherever you are.
- You can centralize multiple domains
Having all your domains hosted by one provider makes it easy for you to manage them and transfer domain to GoDaddy makes it simple and stress-free.
- Bulk discounts
Transfer domain to GoDaddy can get you up to 31% discount when you transfer more than six .com domains at a go.
- An up to date domain
GoDaddy monitors your domains in real-time to ensure that your site is up and running throughout.
- Easy management
The domain management tools are straightforward to use. In addition, you get all the support you need in creating subdomains, forwarding, and any other form of support you may need.
How To Transfer Domain To GoDaddy
Now it’s time to make the transfer a reality! We have outlined the process stepwise alongside some graphics to make it quick to grasp.
Step 1: Unlock your Domain name
This step takes place at your current registrar. It is where you unlock your domain to make the domain transfer possible.
Usually, domain names are locked to protect them from unauthorized changes.
Firstly, log in to your domain registrar and select the domain name you want to transfer to GoDaddy.
Note that the process of unlocking a domain varies across different registrars.
However, it is popular among most of them that the unlock option is on the registration settings option on the menu.
Step 2: Open GoDaddy to start the transfer process
Now your domain is ready for transfer to GoDaddy.
You can then click here to open the GoDaddy homepage where you will find the option to transfer domain names as highlighted below.
Step 3: Start the search process
Search the domain name you wish to transfer on the GoDaddy transfer tool shown below.
Step 4: Confirm the transfer
After the search, enter the authorization code provided to confirm the transfer
Step 5: Final Step
The transfer takes 5 to 7 days to be completed. This time varies depending on the extension being used.
Key to Note: You can transfer domains at any preferable time. However, ICANN prohibits transfer within 60 days of registration or prior transfer. On the same note, some domains are not limited to this 60-day lock.
How to Check the Domain Transfer Status
On making the transfer, you can track the progress by following these steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy transfer page
- Click on Transfers In (this means that the domain is moving to your account). You will also notice a Transfers Out option, meaning that the domain is moving from your account.
- Navigate between the different tabs to find details for domains in a given status. Another option would be to search for your domain in the search bar.
- Take note of the statuses that require you to take action; you will find this just next to the domain. On making the changes, you will see a confirmation that your changes have been accepted.
Domain Transfer Charges
GoDaddy has a flat charge for all domain transfers. The transfer fee is $7.99 plus $0.18 for the ICANN fee. However, if you want to transfer a .co.uk domain you can transfer it for FREE while the offer still lasts.
This amount only applies for the first year. After it expires, you are charged the retail price of the specific domain to maintain it.
Bulk Transfer Domain to GoDaddy
Working with bulk amounts of data can be hectic but not with GoDaddy. They have made this process efficient regardless of the number of domains you wish to transfer at a go in the following ways:
- You can type, paste or upload your list in any of these formats: CSV, XLS, XLSX.
- There is a step-by-step guide to lead you until all your domains are successfully transferred.
- Domains are renewed for a year at no extra cost.
Here are a few quick steps on how you can transfer domains in bulk on GoDaddy.
- Unlock each of the domains that you would like to transfer to your current registrar.
- Get an authorization, also known as transfer key or EPP code, from your current registrar. These codes are not always a requirement, for example when transferring country-code domains (ccTLDs).
- Verify the contact information on your domain name. The administrator’s contact information may be used by the current registrar during the transfer process.
- Click here to access the bulk domain transfer to the GoDaddy page that appears like the image shown below. On the editing box provided, you can type, paste or upload the domain names you want to transfer. List each of them on a separate line. GoDaddy allows a one-time transfer of up to 500 domains.
Transfer domain to GoDaddy is both an affordable and efficient process for any domain owner.
It is no wonder that GoDaddy has grown in popularity over the years to be the most reliable domain registrar and an award-winning customer service provider.
You can be sure you won’t be stuck alone in the transfer process. Why wait longer?
Click here to transfer your domain to GoDaddy.